Today’s Sunday Funday is all about the King of Rock & Roll - Elvis Presley whose birthday would be celebrated today.
Elvis was known for his music and also his love of food. My quick search showed that he loved all kinds of food, but especially simple “home cooking”. Yet the most iconic is Elvis’ favorite sandwich: peanut butter, banana & bacon!
I love a PB & banana sandwich, but I’d never added the bacon…until now!
The addition of a thick piece of bacon adds a salty/smoky component to an already delicious sandwich. This one is perfect as a simple lunch or as a snack!
See more Elvis-inspired recipes below
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
- Karen's Kitchen Stories: Buffalo Chicken Baked Mac and Cheese
- Food Lust People Love: Hatch Chili Pepper Meatloaf
- Culinary Cam: Oysters Rockefeller
- Palatable Pastime: Pineapple Poke Cake
- Sneha's Recipe: Pork Chops In Homemade Recheado Masala
- Amy's Cooking Adventures: "The Elvis" Peanut Butter, Bacon, & Banana Sandwich
Amounts of everything are variable in this recipe, since you really can just make it how you like it!
Adapted from Serious Eats
1 slice bread (I used homemade Italian bread)
1-2 tablespoons butter
1-2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
½ - 1 banana, peeled and cut into long slices
1 slice thick cut bacon, cooked
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Butter 1 side of the bread with butter and the other side with peanut butter. Top the peanut butter side with the banana and bacon.
Place the bread, butter side down, in the skillet and fry until golden-brown. Enjoy open-faced or cut down the center and fold over. Enjoy.