It’s Sunday Funday and today’s theme is hot cocoa.
I always struggle with this theme. I’m mostly a “warm up some milk, stir in some hot cocoa mix, and serve it to the kids” kind of girl.
But I’m all for trying new things so I attempted this one. Depending how you look at it, it can be an espresso cocoa or a mocha. Or leave the espresso out and it's just a salted caramel cocoa! There’s a lot of flexibility here.
I did find this to be extremely sweet, but then, I’m also a person who goes to a coffee shop and special orders lattes and mochas half sweet (or less).
Want more cocoa ideas? Look for further:
- 5 Minute Chilli Cinnamon Hot Chocolate from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Cheese in Your Hot Chocolate? Yep. Chocolate con Queso from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolat Chaud - French Hot Chocolate from Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Bombs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Chocolate Cookies from Making Miracles
- Mexican Hot Chocolate from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Nutella Hot Chocolate from Sneha's Recipe
- Salted Caramel Espresso Hot Cocoa (Salted Caramel Mocha) from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Salted Caramel Espresso Hot Cocoa (Salted Caramel Mocha)
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons salted caramel chips
1 shot espresso
6 ounces frothed milk (I used almond)
Place the chocolate and caramel chips in the bottom of a mug. Top with hot espresso. Let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes while the milk heats up (I used an electric frother that heats and froths at the same time).
Use a small whisk to stir the melted chocolate into the espresso. Add the frothed milk and whisk again. Top with whipped cream and additional chips, if desired.