It’s Sunday Funday and today’s theme is hot cocoa.
I always struggle with this theme. I’m mostly a “warm up some milk, stir in some hot cocoa mix, and serve it to the kids” kind of girl.
But I’m all for trying new things so I attempted this one. Depending how you look at it, it can be an espresso cocoa or a mocha. Or leave the espresso out and it's just a salted caramel cocoa! There’s a lot of flexibility here.
I did find this to be extremely sweet, but then, I’m also a person who goes to a coffee shop and special orders lattes and mochas half sweet (or less).
Want more cocoa ideas? Look for further:
- 5 Minute Chilli Cinnamon Hot Chocolate from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Cheese in Your Hot Chocolate? Yep. Chocolate con Queso from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolat Chaud - French Hot Chocolate from Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Bombs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Chocolate Cookies from Making Miracles
- Mexican Hot Chocolate from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Nutella Hot Chocolate from Sneha's Recipe
- Salted Caramel Espresso Hot Cocoa (Salted Caramel Mocha) from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Salted Caramel Espresso Hot Cocoa (Salted Caramel Mocha)
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons salted caramel chips
1 shot espresso
6 ounces frothed milk (I used almond)
Place the chocolate and caramel chips in the bottom of a mug. Top with hot espresso. Let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes while the milk heats up (I used an electric frother that heats and froths at the same time).
Use a small whisk to stir the melted chocolate into the espresso. Add the frothed milk and whisk again. Top with whipped cream and additional chips, if desired.
It looks delicious Amy.ReplyDelete
Okay. Yum! I am inspired and going to make this along with our pancakes for dinner tonight!ReplyDelete
Wow! this is yum.ReplyDelete