It’s Sunday Funday and this week’s theme is mangoes.
Mangoes are an ingredient I am wholly unfamiliar with.
To my recollection, I’ve had mangoes exactly twice, and both in margarita form.
Once was my honeymoon (over sweetened and disgusting), and once last summer. My in-laws came to town for Spud’s confirmation and a couple days later we went out for Mexican food. There we ordered a pitcher of margaritas and I learned that mango margaritas were my mother-in-laws favorite (something I managed not to glean after 15 years of marriage to her son).
I haven’t mentioned it here yet, but my sweet mother-in-law passed away tragically at the age of 57 with complications from COVID about 6 weeks ago. It’s been absolutely devastating.
And so, when mangoes came up as an ingredient, I decided to make these margaritas as a small, but inadequate tribute to her.
While not my favorite version of margaritas (I’m partial to strawberry), these were definitely a delicious addition to our taco Tuesday!
Mango Recipes from other Sunday Funday Bloggers:
- Aam Panna with Jaggery (Raw Green Mango Summer Drink) by Cook with Renu
- Dragonfruit, Mango, Jicama, & Corn Salad Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Steaks with Mango Chimichurri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Aam Roti/Mango Papad by Sneha's Recipe
- Mangonada by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Chicken by Making Miracles
- Mango Falooda by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Mango Margarita by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Spicy Mango Salsa by Food Lust People Love
- Stir-Fry Mango Ginger Chicken by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- White Chocolate Mango Mascarpone Mille Crepe Cake by Pandemonium Noshery
1 ripe mango, diced (about 1 cup)
Juice from 1 small lime (about 2 tablespoons)
¼ cup orange juice
2 ounces tequila (omit for a virgin margarita/smoothie)
½ cup ice
Sea salt & lime to rim glasses, optional
Place the mango, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and ice into a blender and blend until smooth.
Meanwhile, run a lime (or mango juice) along the edge of 2 glasses then dip in sea salt to coat.
Pour the margarita mixture into the prepared cups and garnish with a lime. Serve immediately.