It’s Sunday Funday and this week we’re featuring beets!
So I was searching for something different.
Then I spotted beet hummus!
It sounded so different, I just knew I had to try it!
It was everything I hoped it would be! It was my favorite beet salad, only in dip form! Loved it!
The only limitation here is the dipping choices. I usually like pita chips and carrots equally in a traditional hummus. This one, however, is best with crackers. The beet flavor and goat cheese are just a bit too much for most vegetables. Luckily, it was equally delicious on pita chips and tricsuits!
Try these delicious beet recipes!
- Beet Hummus with Goat Cheese from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese from Making Miracles
- Beetroot Vadafrom Mayuri's Jikoni
- Easy Pickled Beets from Food Lust People Love
- Ginger Beetroot and Celery Juice from Cook with Renu
- Kubbah Selek - Semolina Dumpling and Beet Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Laal Sabzi /Beetroot Sabzi from Sneha's Recipe
- Roasted Beet Ricotta Gnocchi with Wilted Beet Greens from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Beet Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Beet Hummus with Goat Cheese
Adapted from Bon Appetit
1 large beet (the size of a baseball)
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water or bean juice (if needed)
1 clove garlic
1 small handful fresh basil
3 ounces goat cheese
Salt & pepper
Roast or boil the beet until tender. Cool slightly and peel.
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add water or bean juice to thin, if needed. Serve room temperature or refrigerated.