What if mashed potatoes got all dressed up and fancy?
The answer is Duchess Potatoes!
These little delights are a basic mashed potato, with the addition of an egg for stability, then they’re piped onto a baking sheet and baked again, twice baked potato-style.
They are amazing and such a fun way to serve up plain old mashed potatoes. These are the perfect accompaniment to an elegant brunch or dinner!
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- Blueberry Bread Pudding by Big Bears Wife
- Buttermilk Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Banana Muffins by The Mandatory Mooch
- Cinnamon Crunch French Toast by The Nifty Foodie
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Pear Chocolate Chip Sourdough Muffins by Caroline's Cooking
- Sourdough Belgian-Style Waffles by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Scones by Kate's Recipe Box
- Vegan Anise French Toast by Happily Curated Chaos
- Bacon, Brie & Asparagus Quiche by Sweet Beginnings
- Breakfast Tostadas by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Gyro Omelette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Fruit and Veggie Recipes
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Recipes
Adapted from The Complete Cook’s Country TV Show Cookbook
1 ½ pounds red potatoes, peeled and diced
½ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
Cook the potatoes in a pot of lightly salted boiling water until tender, 10-15 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and place them into a bowl. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Transfer the potatoes into a large piping bag fitted with a star tip (I used an Ateco 828). Pipe the potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet in a tall, round mound (like frosting a cupcake).
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
American’s Test Kitchen Editors. (2016). The Complete Cook’s Country TV Show Cookbook. Penguin Random House Publisher Services.