Disclosure: I received tea to sample and review from The Republic of Tea. All opinions are my own.
Today is a fun #SipbySip event coordinated by Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla and sponsored by the Republic of Tea!
The Republic of Tea sent two of their delicious Daily Beauty Beautifying Botanicals for our Sipping Beauties event!
The very first thing I noticed was that the first ingredient promoted on the Blueberry Lavender Tea was “Collagen-Promoting Blue Butterfly Pea Flower”. Then, nerdy boy-mom teacher in me then got really really excited.
Because I happen to know that blue butterfly pea flower, when brewed into tea and then mixed with lemon juice causes a reaction that visibly shows with a color change!
Pure blue butterfly pea flower will brew a stunning blue color and change to purple when mixed with lemon juice.
Since the Daily Beauty Tea also includes blueberry, lavender, hibiscus, and a few other delicious ingredients, I wasn’t sure what would happen, but my young scientists and I were eager to set up an experiment…and make a tasty beverage at the same time!
The Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Tea brews a gorgeous deep purple color (and it is amazing in its own right).
Then, lemon juice is added…
And it turns red!
I added ginger beer (non-alcoholic) to cut the tartness of the lemon and added a few berried for good measure. The result is the perfect refreshing summertime drink that is sure to be enjoyed over and over again!
Thank you. Republic of Tea for sponsoring this event!
Color Changing Sparkling Tea
2 bags of Blueberry Lavender Tea
1 cup boiling water
1 cup ice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup ginger beer (or as needed)
Steep the tea in the boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Remove tea bags and cool tea to room temperature.
Fill a glass with ice and ½ cup of the cooled tea. Stir in the lemon juice and watch the tea change color! Top the tea with ginger beer, stir and serve.
Want More? Check out these Beau-TEA-ful recipes!
- Afternoon Tea by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Blueberry Lavender Tea Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Lavender Tea Infused Chia Seed Pudding by Kahakai Kitchen
- Color Changing Sparkling Tea by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Pasta with Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Girl Time! A Sipping Beauties Tea Party by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mini Spinach Frittatas by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- No Churn Blueberry Lavender Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- Rose Water Tea Cake by Family Around the Table
- Summer Berry Pudding by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Time to Relax and Rejuvenate by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Amy! I LOVE that you went all boy-mom science-y for this post. I, too, have had butterfly pea flowers and wondered about the color changing capacity of the tea since it was a blend. Now I know! Can't wait to share with my boys. And thanks, too, for joining my virtual tea party. What fun!ReplyDelete