This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan's Irish Oatmeal, Nairn's and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Each year during apple week, I challenge myself to make at least 1 savory apple recipe. And without fail, I end up pairing apples with pork! The flavors just go so well together!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by Swiss Diamond Cookware.
Swiss Diamond was an amazingly generous sponsor, sending me one of their lidded nonstick sauté pans.
This pan is a work horse. Completely not stick AND it can go in the oven!! Say What?!?
So you see why I had to make pork for apple week!
The real key here is to not overcook to pork while balancing out the sweetness of the apples with enough savory components without going overboard.
It’s important, in my opinion, to cute those apples nice and small, so they cook through evenly and so you get a nice scoop of tasty apples with each bite of pork!
Herby Ginger Apple Compote
1 teaspoon butter
1 apple, peeled and diced
1 slice onion, diced (about 2 tablespoons)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Fleshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup apple juice
1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, mined
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the apples and onions and cook, stirring frequently until they begin to caramelize. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer until flavors are melded and sauce is thickened.
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Jam Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Fritters by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate's Recipe Box
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n' Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin' for Taste
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts and Honey by 4 Sons R Us
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline's Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life