Today is National Corn Chip Day, so here I am with a recipe featuring corn chips!
This is an excellent side dish. I served it alongside taco salads, so it was great as a side OR a salad topping - so delish!
The salad is a mayonnaise-based corn salad with a few other veggies and great spices…then just before serving, chili cheese frito corn chips are added to add crunch and even more flavor! It’s a crowd pleaser for sure.
National Corn Chip Day
- Chili-Fritoque from Food Lust People Love
- Frito Corn Salad from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Onolicious Furikake Chex Mix from Culinary Cam
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Frito Casserole from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Korean Chicken Fritos from Palatable Pastime
- Vegetarian Mexican Tortilla Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetarian Nachos from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Walking Tacos/Tacos in a Bag from Sneha's Recipe
-I used frozen corn (thawed) in this recipe, canned corn is also an option
-This makes quite a small batch, double for a crowd
Frito Corn Salad
Adapted from Devour Dinner
1 cup sweet corn
⅓ cup red bell pepper, diced
3 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
⅛ teaspoon chili powder
Dash ground cumin
Dash garlic powder
Pepper to taste
½ cup cheddar cheese
1 cup chili cheese Fritos
Stir together all ingredients except the Fritos. Cover and chill for up to one day. Stir in Fritos just before serving.
Serves 4 side-dish servings