So here’s a story…
I make cornbread muffins (or Mini Corndog Muffins), like ,once a year. But for some reason, I bought a 3-pack of packed muffin mix and put it in my pantry.
Then I came along to make cornbread and my cornbread mix was like, 2 years expired. Now, I am pretty flexible with expiration dates…if it’s a little past, I’ll probably still use it, but 2 years?!? Excessive, even for me.
So I decided to throw the mix and make my own.
This recipe is just like this mix and so easy! I am so glad to have a recipe so that I don’t have those mixes go bad on my pantry shelf anymore!
Recipes using Ground Corn:Grits, Corn Meal, Polenta, Masa, Makki ki Roti, Etc.
- Chicken with Cornmeal Dumplings from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Copycat Jiffy Cornbread Muffins from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Fried Cornmeal Mush from Palatable Pastime
- Masala Shrimps With Cheesy Grits from Sneha's Recipe
- Makki Di Roti from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Small-Batch Eggnog Crumbly Cornbread Muffins from Faith, Hope, Love,& Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Copycat Jiffy Cornbread Muffins
Recipe from Our Zesty Life
⅔ cup all purpose flour
½ cup yellow cornmeal
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease an 8-cup muffin tin.
Whisk together the dry ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside for 3 minutes, then scoop evenly into the greased muffin tin.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.