This week’s Sunday Funday is all about the Halloween drinks. I took a slightly different track and went with a great seasonal drink: the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte!
I decided to make a homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer (pumpkin sauce if you’re a Starbucks aficionado) and my own Pumpkin Spice Latte!
This is the perfect way to use up small amounts of leftover canned pumpkin plus way less expensive than getting coffee out! I just love the flavor and ease of this recipe!
- Satan's Whiskers from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whiskey Sour Mocktail from Sneha’s Recipe
- Dark and Stormy Cocktail from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Reincarnation Instant Breakfast from Palatable Pastime
- Jeepers Creepers Martini from Culinary Cam
- DIY Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce and Pumpkin Spice Latte from Amy's Cooking Adventures
DIY Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce and Pumpkin Spice Latte
Adapted from Wheat by the Wayside
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 shot espresso
3-4 ounces frothed milk
1 tablespoon pumpkin sauce
Additional cinnamon and sauce to top
To make the pumpkin sauce, mix all ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator for 5 hours before using. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
To make the latte, whisk together espresso, frothed milk, and pumpkin sauce (use more or less to taste). Top with whipped cream, cinnamon, and additional pumpkin sauce.