Sunday Funday is all about the celery today. I saw the prompt and I was like, celery?? Really?
I use celery quite frequently as the base to many of my soups, stews, and casseroles, but celery is never the star of the show. I almost never even serve celery sticks as a vegetable option! So I was feeling a little perplexed.
Then I remembered some fabulous stuffed celery I had at a get-together last summer. I didn’t have the recipe, but attempted to replicate it the best I could from memory.
The celery sticks are totally delicious and since there’s celery involved and lowfat cream cheese, we can pretend these are healthy and eat many of them as an appetizer!
Looking for more creative ways to use celery?
- Apple Celery Soup from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Bacon, Celery, & Pecan Stuffed Celery from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Celery and Kale Paratha from Cook with Renu
- Celery Steak from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gin and Celery Tonic from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Homemade Celery Salt from Food Lust People Love Pulled Chicken & Celery Sandwiches by Sneha's Recipe
- Slow-Roasted Celery from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Stir-Fried Shrimp with Chinese Celery from Palatable Pastime
Bacon, Cranberry, & Walnut Stuffed Celery
Adapted from Just a Pinch
8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup crumbled bacon pieces
⅓ cup candied pecans
⅓ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
2-3 tablespoons milk, optional
Cut celery sticks into 3-inch pieces and place on a plate or serving tray. Stir together the remaining ingredients, adding milk as needed to thin the mixture enough to stir and spread. Use a knife to spread the filling into the celery sticks. Cover and refrigerate for 1-hour to allow the flavors to meld. Serve cold.
Perfect snack Amy.ReplyDelete
Celery in celery! That sounds wonderful with all of the other ingredients!ReplyDelete
Salty bacon with dried cranberries and cream cheese in a celery stick would be my ideal appetizer! Love, love, love this, especially with the addition of cheddar and candied pecans!ReplyDelete
Wow Amy, you've just made celery stalks and cream cheese more fun. Never thought of adding cranberries, nuts, etc to make it more appealing.ReplyDelete