It’s Sunday Funday and our theme is Chips! This broad theme can include recipes made with chips or recipes for chips themselves.
I decided to make Pita Chips!
Next, it’s a matter of mixing the spices with the olive oil and tossing the pita breads in the mixture. This mix is quite thick due to the parmesan, but as long as you stir thoroughly, the breads can be evenly coated! Then it’s a quick bake in the oven and you have chips!
Check out these other chip-inspired recipes!
- Butterfinger Potato Chip Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Cheesy Potato Chips Skillet Pie by Sneha's Recipe
- Doritos Taco Salad by Making Miracles
- Kachri Bateta by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Parmesan-Garlic Pita Chips by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Parmesan Potato Chips by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Potato Chip-Crusted Abalone by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Potato Chip Crusted Cod by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salt-and-Vinegar Chip Crusted Cod Fingers by Food Lust People Love
Parmesan-Garlic Pita Chips
2 pita rounds, cut in 8 wedges
1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 ½ tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place a pizza stone in the oven.
Place the pita wedges into a bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, spices, and parmesan. Pour the olive oil mixture over the pita wedges and stir to coat.
Place the wedges onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 3 minute increments, checking the chips each time. I wanted nice, crispy chips, so I baked mine for a total of 9 minutes. If you like a chewier, more toast-like chips, pull them out sooner.
Cool slightly and serve with hummus.