Did you know today is National Martini Day??
Now that’s a day I want to celebrate!
I wasn’t sure at first what I wanted to make. Then I came across Mermaid Water (basically a rum punch) and the classic Fishbowl and decided do a take on the two of those to create a Mermaid Martini!
Like the Fishbowl, this martini features nerds candies at the bottom (resembling aquarium gravel) and gummy fish. And like mermaid water, it features rum! You could use a flavored rum in this recipe, but I find them to be a bit too sweet, so I stuck with spiced rum in this version. And of course, all three drinks use blue curacao with its signature blue hue and hint of citrus.
The resulting drink is cold and fresh and perfectly mermaid-like. So channel your mix up one of these!
Welcome to #NationalMartiniDay Whether you enjoy your martini with vodka or gin, shaken or stirred, we’ve got some libations for your happy hour.
- Blueberry Lemon Vodka Martini from Family Around The Table
- Mermaid Martini from Amy’s Cooking Adventure
- Orange Creamsicle Martini from A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Pomegranate Grapefruit Vodka Martini from Books n’ Cooks
- Thai-Tini from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- The Jasmine Martini from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vesper Martini from Potable Pastime
- Watermelon Strawberry Martini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Peach and Honeysuckle Martini from Palatable Pastime
2 shots spiced rum or coconut rum
1 shot vodka
1 shot blue curacao
Sprite, to top
Nerds candies & Swedish fish, to garnish
Place a few Nerds candies in the bottom of 2 martini glasses.
Place the rum, vodka, and blue curacao in a martini shaker with ice. Shake, then pour into the prepared martini glasses.
Pour sprite in each glass to fill & add bubbles! Garnish with a Swedish Fish and serve.
Channel your inner mermaid with these tropical Mermaid Martinis! #NationalMartiniDay
- 2 shots spiced rum
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot blue curacao
- 1/4 cup sprite
Place a few Nerds candies in the bottom of 2 martini glasses.Place the rum, vodka, and blue curacao in a martini shaker with ice. Shake, then pour into the prepared martini glasses.Pour sprite in each glass to fill & add bubbles! Garnish with a Swedish Fish and serve.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 martinis