Quadruple Grilled Cheese for National Grilled Cheese Day!
It's the start of Grilled Cheese Month, so we thought we'd give you lots of inspiration! Hosted by Caroline of Caroline's Cooking - see all the delicious grilled cheese ideas being shared today:
It’s Grilled Cheese Day! Hooray for grilled cheese!
I’m celebrating by making the most cheesiest grilled cheese there is.
But before we get to the deets, let me bring you this puzzler:
At what point does a grilled cheese stop being a grilled cheese and become a grilled sandwich? I mean, is cheese the only requisite for the moniker of grilled cheese regardless of the number of additional ingredients added? Or is there some magical threshold where the number of added ingredients outweighs the amount of cheese and becomes a grilled sandwich? I dunno, these are the weird things I contemplate sometimes.
Anyhow, I decided that for grilled cheese day, I’d be a grilled cheese purist and have only bread and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
I decided to go with three (well technically four) cheeses (mozzarella, muenster, & cheddar-jack). Then, to really up the ante, I also added a healthy smear of alfredo sauce, because NOM!
This is served up with a yummy bowl of tomato soup to balance out all the cheese and carbs!
- Apple Cheddar Bacon Grilled Cheese by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Apple Gouda Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Down the Grilled Cheese Rabbit Hole by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Cheddar, Onion and Tomato Sandwich by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Havarti & Dill Grilled Cheese by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Italian Inside-Out Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- Pickle & Bacon Garlicy Grilled Cheese by From Gate to Plate
- Polish Reuben Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Quadruple Grilled Cheese by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Roast Beef, Brie and Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese by Family Around the Table
- Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich by All that's Jas
- "The Jammin' Jamaican" Chicken Grilled Cheese by Caroline's Cooking
- Tish's Tasty Turkey Grilled Cheese Sliders by Cooking With Carlee
Quadruple Grilled Cheese
2 Slices Soft & Chewy Italian Bread
¼ tsp garlic powder
1-2 tbsp alfredo sauce
1 slice Muenster cheese
1 slice cheddar jack cheese
1 slice mozzarella cheese
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
Butter one side of each slice of bread and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Spread the alfredo sauce on the other side of the bread slices. Top one slice (butter side down) with the muenster, cheddar jack, and mozzarella. Top with the remaining slice of bread (butter side up).
Place the sandwich in the preheated skillet and cook until the bread is golden brown and the chees is beginning to melt. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is fully melted.
Serve with a side of tomato soup.