You guys, I’m so excited! It’s summer, it’s almost July, and today kicks off Cookout Week! TONS of bloggers are banding together with sponsors to bring you a week filled with deliciousness!
But more on that in a bit.
First let’s talk pie. July isn’t July without a patriotic dessert of some sort.
And pie is totally my favorite!
This year, I wanted to take pie to the next level – with red, white, & blue – stars & stripes – the whole nine yards!
To make this lovely, I used a batch of Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie filling and a quarter batch of Blueberry Pie filling.
After carefully placing the pie filling in the shell (taking care not to mix them), I used the dough scraps to make stars and stripes!
I just love this flag pie!
Now on to the super fun #CookoutWeek deets:
Over 50 bloggers have joined together with some awesome sponsors to bring you this event! Look for some great recipes in the link up all week.
And that’s not all!! There’s also a fantastic giveaway, courtesy of our sponsors! It’s super easy to enter and one lucky winner will get:
- Char-Broil American Gourmet 600 Series Charcoal Grill (see specs here!)
- Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard, French Farm Butcher Salt Box, & Confit of Figs & Balsamic Vinegar from The French Farm
- Sauce 3-Pack (Ketchup, BBQ, Veracha) from True Made Foods
- Wimpy's BBQ Rub, Dilly Dust Seasoning, and Cheryl's Jamaican Me Hungry Seasoning from Swine Dining
- A Perfect Pickler Kit from Perfect Pickler
- A gift basket of products from Fungus Among Us
- A gift bag of products from Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods
- All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce, Duck Bacon, Duck Wing Drummettes from Maple Leaf Farms
As always Amy.....simply amazing!ReplyDelete
That pie ROCKS!! Love it!!ReplyDelete
This is such a pretty pie!!!ReplyDelete
I lovelovelove the look of this pie--it's the cutest thing ever! <3 So perfect for July 4! You're awesome! :]ReplyDelete
I love this! So fun for the holidayReplyDelete
SEO didn't show for just Patriotic Pie but came through number one for Patriotic Pie Amy.ReplyDelete
What a fun pie! It would be a perfect way to celebrate the 4th this year!ReplyDelete
This is such a fun idea, while still tasty too, no doubt.ReplyDelete
This pie looks delicious! I can't wait to make it.ReplyDelete