Today I’m jumping in with my second Blogger CLUE post.
In this club, bloggers are assigned a theme and a blog from which to cook. This month’s theme was Easter, and the blog was Food Lust People Love by Stacy.
Stacy cooks for the people she loves, especially with fresh ingredients inspired by the many places she had lived!
Stacy was born and (mostly) raised in the United States, but has spent most of her adult life (and some of her childhood) overseas due to her father & husband’s jobs. She writes about food, with a glimpse into expat life.
Since the theme was Easter, I knew immediately that I wanted to make bread. Because what’s a holiday without bread?
But what to make? Garlic Pull Apart Bread? Orange Poppy Seed Muffins? Mennonite Paska? I really wanted to make the paska and I probably would have had the reveal been closer to Easter (so I could serve it alongside my grandma’s Easter Bread).
So instead I made Rosemary Cornbread Muffins. Cornbread Muffins aren’t a traditional part of the Easter feast, but I thought they could be absolutely delicious side by side with a flavorful Easter Ham! Plus the fresh rosemary brought visions of springtime!
The muffins were delicious! They are not as sweet as other cornbreads I’ve tried, so they sharpness of the cheddar and bite of rosemary were really able to shine!
Don’t miss the other recipes:
- Asparagus Tips with Cucumber Vinaigrette by Anna from annaDishes
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Rum Cinnamon Sauce by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Cloverleaf Rolls by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Lamb Chops Dijon by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Honey and Thyme Glazed Ham by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Balsamic Carrots by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Lemon Loaf by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Maple Bacon Braised Brussels Sprouts by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- New Potato Salad Tartare by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Rosemary Cheddar Cornbread Muffins by Amy from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Sgroppino al Limon by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Strawberry Shortcakes with Olive Oil Cake by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Surprise Carrot Cake by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Sweet Almond Pastry by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Rosemary Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
Adapted from Food Lust People Love
¾ cup yellow cornmeal
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup skim milk
¼ cup canola oil
4 oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1-2 sprigs rosemary, minced, about ½ tbsp
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 cup muffin tin liberally with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to mix. Fold in the shredded cheese.
Divide the batter evenly between the greased muffin cups, topping with additional rosemary leaves for garnish, if desired.
Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan on a rack for about 5 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges and remove the muffins from the tin. Eat warm.
Makes 8 muffins