I’m pretty new to the world of roasted garlic, but I’m already in love!
Roasted garlic is like garlic-lite.
It’s all that wonderful garlic flavor, but it’s mild enough to be spread on toast (with mashed avocado & pepper…drool!).
Roasted garlic is also wonderful when added to soups and sauces.
I like to roast garlic when I already have something else roasting in the oven (chicken, potatoes, a roast), killing two birds with one stone and all.
So here to low down.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 (or whatever you’re already roasting at, garlic isn’t picky)
2. Grab your garlic, some aluminum foil, and some olive oil
3. Chop the tops off the garlic (the root end will remain)
4. Drizzle a teaspoon or so of olive oil over the tops and massage it in
5. Wrap the garlic up in aluminum foil
6. Roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or so
7. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic cloves out.
8. Mash onto toast or store in a container in the refrigerator for 5 days or so