The movie was pretty universally panned on Rotten Tomatoes and I have to agree. I read the book first and hated it (you'll have to wait for that review, because the recipe I'm making will take some experimentation). But, I decided to give the movie a shot anyway and nearly perished from sheer boredom. It was just as insufferable and fake as the book and ridiculously long.
It was not a terribly inspiring movie, so I decided to get inspired by Italy and share my herb blend since I am using it more and more frequently in recipes.
It’s been a while since I made another homemade seasoning blend. I have a few of my standbys that I use all the time. More and more I see Italian Herbs showing up in recipes. I usually toss some basil and oregano in instead, but decided it was high time I looked into making my own blend (since I still get cranky about buying it - silly, I know).
This blend was easy peasy and included herbs I consistently keep on hand. Since I had an empty spice jar, this one is going to have a permanent place on my spice rack!
Spice & Herb Mixes
- Chinese Five Spice Powder by Food Lust People Love
- DIY Country Gravy Mix by Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Garam Masala by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Homemade Taco Seasoning by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Italian Herb Blend by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Sicilian Pesto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Fried Fish With Homemade Fish Masala by Sneha's Recipe
Italian Herb Blend
Adapted from Fox and Briar
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
½ tablespoon dried rosemary
Mix all ingredients together. Use as directed and store in a glass spice jar.