It’s Sunday Funday and today’s theme is side dishes!
This one got me thinking. It was a very broad topic and I’m not very inventive with my sides, especially in the summer!
I think I experiment with sides less often so there is always something tried and true on the table that I know my kids will eat!
So for today, I took a slight twist on one of my go to veggies: roasted cauliflower. I typically roast cauliflower very simply with a quick drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
This version used butter in place of the olive oil and a more complex spice profile. And the cauliflower received rave reviews! I think we’ve found a new go-to recipe, just in time for cooler weather!
Main Course Accompaniments
- Broccoli Rice Casserole by Making Miracles
- Garlic & Paprika Roasted Cauliflower by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Roasted Veggie Couscous by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Matar Bharay Patties by Sneha's Recipe
- Cherry Tomato and Avocado Salad by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Creamy Macaroni Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Nasturtium Leaves & Stems Raita (Yogurt Dip) (Using Nasturtium Leaves & Stems by Cook with Renu
Garlic & Paprika Roasted Cauliflower
Adapted slightly from Natasha’s Kitchen
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
Salt & pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
Place the cauliflower in a bowl. Drizzle with butter and stir to coat. Sprinkle with spices and stir until evenly coated.
Place the seasoned florets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring twice during baking, until the cauliflower is tender. Serve immediately.