It’s Sunday Funday and it’s all about enjoying the summer berry bounty!
I have to admit that this one took a little thought. I mostly enjoy berries in pie form or in margarita form.
Finally I decided to switch things up and make a salad that was bursting with summer flavors! It was the perfect use for the handful of blackberries leftover in the fridge!
Enjoy these other berry recipes:
- Berry Spinach Salad by Making Miracles
- Blackberry Spinach Salad by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Blueberry & Grape Smoothie by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Blueberry Picking and a Summer Salad with Microflowers and Berries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Eggless Strawberry Banana Muffins by Cook with Renu
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches with Blackberry Jalapeño BBQ Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kokum Sherbat by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sparkling Strawberry Lemon Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Summer Berry Turnovers by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Blackberry & Spinach Salad
2 cups spinach
¼ cup black berries, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 tablespoon goat cheese, crumbled
1 small carrot, sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon honey
Pinch of garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
Arrange the salad on a plate. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and drizzle over the salad. Enjoy.