Today’s recipe challenge ended up being rather fortuitous. You see, one of my co-workers asked me to recreate her favorite bakery breakfast cookies. Just as I was working on developing that recipe, I saw challenge to create a vegan recipe for January!
The recipe that caught my eye as I was researching was already vegan (and gluten-free!) so that’s what I made!
These cookies definitely hit the mark as far as breakfast cookies go – lightly sweetened and packed full of awesome ingredients to keep you going through the day.
My co-worker thought they were perfect with a cup of morning coffee!
Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies
Adapted from Wife Mama Foodie
1 cup old fashioned oats
½ cup oat flour
½ cup dried cranberries, or dried fruit of choice
½ cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), or nut of choice
¼ cup ground flax seed
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
¼ cup agave nectar
3 tablespoons unsweetened almond or cashew milk
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Place the oats, oat flour, cranberries, pepitas, flax, chia, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, melted coconut oil, agave nectar, and cashew milk.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and set aside for 5 minutes to allow some of the liquid to be absorbed by the binding ingredients (chia and flax).
Use a large scoop (about 3 tablespoons) to measure out the dough into balls. Place on the prepared pans and flatten slightly with your palm.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
Vegan Recipes for #Veganuary
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Jackfruit Carnitas by The Baking Fairy
- Baba Ganoush by Lemon Blossoms
- Creamy Vegan Curry Bean Soup by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Delicata Squash Fries with Chipotle Garlic Dipping Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by The Live-In Kitchen
- Instant Pot Chipotle Sofritas by Herbivore Cucina
- Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Veggies with Satay Peanut Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Scrambled Tofu with Sweet Potato & Kale Hash by The Spiffy Cookie
- Vegan Artichoke Hummus by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites by Cook With Renu
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Cannellini Rocket Tortilla Pizza by The Fiery Vegetarian
- Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Balls by Veggie Lexi
- Vegan Cranberry Apple Chickpea Salad by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup by Blogghetti
- Vegan Khoresh Bademjan by Palatable Pastime
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff with Tofu by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrots with Peanuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Vanilla Chai Oatmeal by Fairyburger
- Vegetable Chettinad (Vegan Spicy Vegetable Curry) by Flavours Treat
Great recipe. I love to indulge with a cookie when I have coffee and this is a healthy way to do it.ReplyDelete
I love breakfast cookies! I've been throwing pepitas in everything lately, loved seeing them in these cookies!ReplyDelete
Don't you just love when providence steps in like this Amy? I hope your coworker appreciates you.ReplyDelete