Brrr! How’s the weather where you are?
It is frigid where I am plus, I got a Nespresso for Christmas, so it’s the perfect time to settle in with a cup of coffee and a great book.
And by cup of coffee, I mean it’s time to start making fancy coffees at home!!! Hooray!
I decided to start with my coffee shop favorite – a caramel macchiato! To make that, I needed vanilla syrup. And because of coldness, that was definitely not happening, so I made my own and then made my macchiato!
The vanilla syrup is perfect! It packs a vanilla punch with an amazing depth of flavor because of the brown sugar.
Plus – it was the perfect addition to my macchiato! I must admit – I have made a lot of these yummy coffees since Christmas!
Want more drinks to warm you up?
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup and Caramel Macchiato by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Dark Chocolate Orange Hot Cocoa by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Eggnog by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Malted Cocoa by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Original Irish Coffee by Family Around the Table
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate by Palatable Pastime
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiced Caramel Apple Cider by Sweet Beginnings
- Wassail and the Tradition of Toasting by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Homemade Vanilla Syrup
Adapted from Genius Kitchen
1 cup water
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
Cool and store in an airtight container.
2/3 cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
2 ounces espresso
1-2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
1 tablespoon salted caramel sauce
Heat the milk (froth if desired). Stir the vanilla syrup and half the caramel sauce into the hot milk. Pour into a coffee mug.
Carefully add the espresso to the center of the coffee. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce and enjoy.
What is a Nespresso? Your coffee sounds wonderful.ReplyDelete
It's an at home espresso machine - like a Kureig, only not!Delete
Fancy coffee at home sounds so fun, and caramel coffee is the best!ReplyDelete
You had my attention at caramel and homemade vanilla syrup too!ReplyDelete
Perfect for cool days - love it.ReplyDelete